Just in case you happen to know and love one of these types…Christmas is just around the corner, but it will undoubtedly take the one you have in mind by surprise. (This happens to me every year.) So give them a call this week and casually slip the word Christmas in a few dozen times, maybe they’ll get the hint.
1. A pen attached to a string to wear around your neck.
2. A little notepad to attach to the pen attached to the string to wear around your neck.
3. A timer to attach to the little notepad attached to the pen attached to the string to wear around your neck.
4. A calender filled out in advance with important dates.
5. Make it two of those (one will be lost).
6. A stack of SASEs (self-addressed stamped envelopes) if you have any hope of corresponding with your gift recipient.
7. A package of pens to be sent a la “pen-of-the-month” club style, you know, like those fancy boxes of fruit (I like colored Flair pens, hint-hint).
8. Two identical sets of shoes. If you’re organized you wont have a clue why, but that’s okay. They will love you for it.
9. A box of socks, one size fits all and all the same color. Make sure there’s enough for the entire family.
10. A singing bird clock, unless, of course, you can afford a grandfather clock.
11. A gift certificate to the Container Store.
12. A guided trip through the Container Store. (We don’t actually know how to use those things…otherwise we would be organized!!)
13. This one’s free: spend a week with your challenged friend/family member and help them “relocate” their stuff.
14. A box of safety pins.
15. A label making machine (again, you may need to explain what this is for.)
16. A recipe box or recipe notebook.
17. A filing cabinet, complete with pre-labelled folders.
18. A life-coach for 30 days.
19. A package of those little packets of Kleenex, and hide them around your friend’s/family member’s purse, car, and house.
20. Sticky notes